- PhD in Engineering (structural steel), Imperial College, London Winner of the Unwin Prize (best PhD in Civil, Structural & Mechanical Engineering).
- Masters in Law (LLM) – Intellectual property, Arbitration & International Construction Contracts; Queen Mary College, London. Awarded with Merit.
- Masters in Engineering (MSc) – Structural Steel Design, Imperial College, London. Awarded with Distinction.
- Diploma of Imperial College (DIC), Structural Engineering BSc in Civil Engineering, University of Salford, Salford. Awarded with First Class Honours.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers (MIStructE)
- Member of the Engineering Council (CEng)
The Steel Construction Institute is a member-based research and technology organisation with a mission “to develop and promote the effective use of steel in construction”. Its success is evidenced in that the UK now has the largest percentage share of steel construction in the world. Mr. Burgan is curently one of two executive directors on the governing board (which also has four non-executive directors). He has a diverse role, the key responsibilities include:
- Strategic direction and senior management
- Business development
- Collaborative research projects with various governmental and business organizations
- Overall responsibility for the Institute’s Fire and Blast Information Group (FABIG)
Collaboration with international universities, foundations and institutes